EV Charging Stations
Birnie HOME SAFE understands the importance of installing your charging station safely, correctly and to code. With a full range of inventory, from industry leaders like Leviton and Schneider Electric, there is a model to suit every homeowner’s needs.
The Province of Ontario is making it easier to invest in green technology. Drivers can take advantage of several incentives, which includes a rebate of up to $1000.00 for the purchase and installation of their charging station, when installed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
It’s important to understand that an electric charging station, which can range from a 30- 50 amp service, will overload your circuit and compromise your home’s electric system if installed incorrectly.
Birnie HOME SAFE takes care of the guess work and gets you plugged in safely.
- Drivers are eligible for rebates of up-to $14,000 for the purchase of their electric vehicle.
- Kathleen Wynne is negotiating with the federal government to eliminate the 13 per cent harmonized sales tax on electric vehicles by 2018.
- Ontario will offer a four-year “free overnight electric vehicle-charging program” in homes starting 2017.
- The province intends to invest in the rapid deployment of charging in workplaces, multi-unit residential buildings, downtowns and town centers.
- Ontario intends to require all new homes and townhomes with garages to be constructed with a 50-amp, 240-volt receptacle (plug) in the garage for the purpose of charging an electric vehicle.
- Ontario intends to establish a requirement that, as of 2018, all newly built commercial office buildings and appropriate workplaces must provide charging infrastructure
- The province intends to help get older and less fuel-efficient vehicles off the roads by offering a rebate to low- and moderate-income households that will help them replace old cars with new or used electric vehicles or a plug-in hybrid.
Please note existing electrical issues or hazards, in the home, may warrant the need of a full-day electrical inspection with subsequent repairs.